LINCOLN, Neb., May 20, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — Used commercial trucks, construction equipment, and farm machinery in the United States continue to outperform their year-over-year auction and asking values, according to a new Sandhills Global Market Report. The report affirms that heavy-duty sleeper trucks, crawler dozers, and 300-plus-horsepower tractors continue to experience high demand and a scarcity of inventory. These complementary factors have continued to strengthen the Sandhills Equipment Value Index (EVI) in most used asset categories in the trucking, construction, and agricultural industries.
Buyers and sellers can use the information in Sandhills EVI to monitor equipment markets and maximize returns on acquisition, liquidation, and related business decisions.
Sandhills Market Reports highlight the most significant changes in the used heavy-duty truck and equipment markets. Each report includes detailed analysis and charts that help readers visualize the data. The latest report reveals that heavy-duty sleeper trucks are currently fetching an incredible 56.9% YOY more on auction compared to April of 2020, representing a nearly 10-percentage-point rise over the March YOY figures.
U.S. Used Heavy-Duty Trucks
- Class 8 sleeper trucks of all age groups continue to appreciate in asking value, especially with late-model trucks in the 0- to 5-year range logging a 31.9% increase YOY. Over-the-road sleeper trucks in the 5- to 10-year range are seeing a 17.9% YOY jump in asking values, while 10- to 25-year models follow closely behind with a 16.2% YOY increase.
- Sandhills EVI asking values for sleeper trucks overall rose nearly 8 percentage points to 19.6% YOY in April 2021 compared with 12% YOY in March.
U.S. Used Heavy-Duty Construction Equipment
- The Sandhills EVI for used crawler dozers in the U.S. posted slight increases in both auction values (up 11.7% YOY in April from 10.9% YOY the previous month) and asking values (up 5.7% YOY from 5.2% YOY in March).
- Late-model crawler dozers in the 0- to 5-year category led the market segment with a 19.2% rise in YOY asking values. For comparison, the Sandhills EVI for the previous month’s figure in asking values was up 17.7% YOY for this category.
U.S. Used Agriculture Equipment
- The Sandhills EVI for used 300-plus-horsepower tractors showed a 10.4% YOY increase within the auction market in April. Asking prices for the segment arose by 4.35% YOY, a 1-percentage-point improvement over March’s values.
- Late-model 0- to 5-year tractors in the 300-plus-horsepower category were 9.3% stronger in YOY asking prices this April, down slightly from a 9.7% YOY increase in the previous month.
Obtain the Full Report
For more information, or to receive detailed analysis from Sandhills Global, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Sandhills Global
Sandhills Global is an information processing company headquartered in Lincoln, Nebraska. Our products and services gather, process, and distribute information in the form of trade publications, websites, and online services that connect buyers and sellers across the construction, agriculture, forestry, oil and gas, heavy equipment, commercial trucking, and aviation industries. Our integrated, industry-specific approach to hosted technologies and services offers solutions that help businesses large and small operate efficiently and grow securely, cost-effectively, and successfully. Sandhills Global—we are the cloud.
About the Sandhills Equipment Value Index
The Sandhills Equipment Value Index (EVI) is a principal gauge of the estimated market values of used assets—both currently and over time—across the construction, agricultural, and commercial trucking industries represented by Sandhills Global marketplaces, including AuctionTime.com, TractorHouse.com, MachineryTrader.com, TruckPaper.com, and other industry-specific equipment platforms. Powered by FleetEvaluator, Sandhills’ proprietary asset valuation tool, Sandhills EVI provides useful insights into the ever-changing supply-and-demand conditions for each industry.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/late-model-assets-driving-value-increases-across-heavy-duty-truck-and-equipment-industries-301296496.html
SOURCE Sandhills Global